The production and use of chemicals in developed and developing countries have been increasing significantly during the past three decades. It is no doubt that chemicals will continue to play an important role in the production in order to sustain the needs of the people as well as for more development activities to provide jobs. Chemicals are always been associated with the human health and environment compared with other groups of hazards.
It is the duty of employer to take action to control chemicals hazardous to health, through progressive application of control measures in order to reduce the exposure level of employees to the lowest practical level.
This course will assist on the developing, establishing, implementing and maintaining a system to identify potential improvement on SAFE CHEMICAL HANDLING, GHS, ERP, SCHEDULED WASTE, CRADLE TO GRAVE, SPILLS AND INCOMPATIBILITY. Hence it will create awareness to SAFE HANDLING and instil safety practices.
Upon completion of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Fulfil the legal requirement under the Occupational Safety and Health Act 1994 with reference to specific Regulations like Use and Standard of Exposure of Chemicals Hazardous to Health Regulations 2000
- Create awareness among the participants on the ill – effects of chemicals
- Help identify routes of entry of chemicals into the body
- Assist participants to identify and manage proper Personnel Protective Equipment
- Help participants to implement the proper procedures in handling hazardous chemicals
- Equip participants to prepare for an emergency response
NOTE: THIS COURSE IS 100% HRD CORP SBL-KHAS CLAIMABLE
For inquiries, please contact the following Program Consultant:
Ms. Joan / email: email@example.com / Tel: +6088731570
Ms. Emily / email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: +6088731412
Mr. Azrul / email: email@example.com / Tel: +6088731410
Ms. Tracy / email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: +6088731575