Project Management Essentials
This course is designed to teach participants all the principles of good project management. Participants will learn how to identify and schedule project resources and create project flow charts. Important issues of team management are also covered. These learning objectives are reinforced by a course project that allows the participant to apply the principles and use the tools they learned.
This course also holds paramount significance in the realm of professional development. In today’s complex and fast-paced business landscape, effective project management is a linchpin for success.
This Course Include
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- To understand the important fundamentals of project management.
- Understand the phases of the Project Management Life Cycle and a project manager’s role in each phase.
- List and discuss basic project success criteria and common reasons for project failure.
- To know the required skill set required in completing projects within timelines and costs assigned.
- Understand the techniques for setting up a strong project team.
- List and discuss elements of a Risk Management Plan.
- Apply the techniques for planning and sequencing project activities.
- List and discuss the cost elements that should be included in a project budget.
- Understand the techniques for controlling for deviation from budgets and schedules.
- Apply project management communications tools.
- Introduce tools and metrics to monitor the project progress and performance.
- Understand the steps for project closure.
Participants will learn how to use project management techniques to plan, organize, control, document, and close out their projects successfully and with minimum risk.