STANDBY POWER GENERATOR
Standby power generator is a static equipment and normally only operates when the normal supply from the electrical supply company fails. It acts as an alternative source of electrical power during emergency situation when normal supply fails. The technical personnel who are assigned to monitor the emergency generator has to be fully equipped with the most relevant knowledge and experience of these standby emergency generator. Failure of standby generator to operate during emergency situation may seriously interrupt the smooth operation of the plant.
Statistics show that power outages are becoming more frequent and prolonged due to factors such as aging power infrastructure, extreme weather conditions, and increased demand for electricity. This highlights the importance of standby power generation as a reliable backup solution to mitigate the impact of power outages.
The number one reason for failure of a standby power generator, when it is needed, is lack of regular maintenance. That’s why it is important to be aware of the problems that cause a generator to break down or fail to start, then take proactive steps to avoid them.
This Course Include
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING THIS TRAINING
- Know the major components and subsystems of various types of emergency diesel generator
- Examine the applications, performance and economics of diesel engine generator sets
- Understand various equipment for generator monitoring and control mechanisms
- Discover the maintenance required for diesel engine generators to minimize their operating cost and maximize efficiency, reliability and longevity
- Increase your knowledge of predictive and preventive maintenance and reliability