Landscape management is an integral part of property and facility management. Well maintained landscape enhances the attractiveness and therefore value of the properties. It contributes to a positive brand image. Property and facility managers require knowledge to plan, manage and complete landscape maintenance projects on time and on budget. This course is designed to develop a broad understanding of urban landscape management practices.
The participants will learn the different factors involved in site preparation such as checking the layout of services, carrying out earthwork and cleaning of areas. Check the soil health and water as required.
During the course of this training, participants will be given a practical training on operational aspect of plants establishments, such as:
- Checking the plants are healthy and have established root systems prior to planting.
- Treating minor defects and rejecting plants with major problems.
- Spacing and planting of species according to their growing requirements.
- Planning and giving plants post-planting care, such as watering, pruning, fertilisation where necessary.
- Investigate, select and use suitable safety and personal protective equipment (PPE) and identify any safety hazards, assess risks and implement controls throughout the project cycle.
Upon completion of this course, the participants will be able to:
- Share and highlights the principles and practices of plant establishments and growth requirements.
- Examine and understand the physiology of plant species and cultivars.
Guide on planting procedures, growth rates, nutrient and water requirements and the objective of basic design.
For more information, please contact the following Program Consultant:
Ms. Emily / email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: +6088 731412