Most organizations strive to build a culture that is performance driven because by building a performance culture—one with a unique set of practices, rituals, symbols, and experiences to fuel sustained superior performance—leaders can future-proof their organizations.
In a performance driven culture, the ability to empower and bring out the best in people requires specific sets of skills and approaches. The ability to mentor and to coach individuals in the organisation becomes paramount in cultivating high performance.
When the pressure is on to meet targets and managers are rushed off their feet, coaching is usually the first task to get dropped. Yet, coaching is essential to building successful teams. Coaching is fast being recognised as an essential skill for leaders. Even when coaching is done in organisations, it is often done in an un-structured and ineffective manner. With coaching, managers can perform better and will be able to nurture their teams to their best potential, and this leads to better employee engagement and improved productivity – desirable in any organisation. Mentorship is a related skill that is often a part of coaching. It’s about being a guide, offering wisdom and advice when it is needed. Knowing how and when to coach (and when to use other tools, like mentoring) is an essential skill that can benefit both you and your organization.
- Define what coaching is and explain its role in the workplace
- Differentiating between coaching and mentoring
- Identifying when to use coaching and when to use mentoring
- Explain the managers role in the coaching process
- Know when they have created a positive coaching environment
- Follow a specific procedure for coaching success
- Use the GROW model to provide successful coaching conversations
- Use coaching communication skills to good effect
- Identify coaching opportunities and appreciate which style to use.
- Using coaching and mentoring skills that help improve individual performance
100% HRD Corp Claimable Course: Skim Bantuan Latihan Khas
For more information, please contact the following Program Consultant:
Ms. Grace / email: firstname.lastname@example.org/ Tel: +6088 731 575