The workshop is designed to disseminate best practices on compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) in Malaysia with regards to the processing of personal data and compliance with the 7 data protection principles.
Officers and anyone handling personal data in any organisations are strongly advised to have a compliance framework, adequate training and PDPA policies in place. Companies found guilty not complying with the PDPA law will face stiff penalties ranging from RM100,000 to RM500,000 per offence plus jail term.
In addition, come understand the implications of EU’s General Data Protection Regulations which came into effect on 25 May 2018, which has an impact on all Malaysian companies when processing data of EU citizens.
- Introduction to the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act
- PDPA Compliance
- Dealing with the 7 Data Principles
- Data Protection – What needs to be implemented
- Ensuring successful compliance with the PDPA
- PDPA Registration of Class of Data Users
- PDPA Enforcement
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the implications of the 7 Data Protection principles
- Understand the latest PDPA Regulations & Standards
- Review the essential provisions under the Personal Data Protection Act
- Gain insights to PDPA Enforcement, Penalties and Offences
- Implications of EU’s GDPR on Malaysian Companies as Data Controllers
- Penalties & Offences
- PDPA Regulations
- Key features of EU’s GDPR
100% HRDF SBL-KHAS CLAIMABLE. Direct Deduct from Levy.
For more information, please contact the following Program Consultant:
Ms.Joan / email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: +6088731570
Mr.Azrul / email: email@example.com / Tel: +6088731410
Ms. Emily / email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: +6088731412
Ms.Tracy / email: email@example.com / Tel: +6088731575