PRINCE2 (Projects IN Controlled Environments) is a process-based, scalable approach for effective IT project management. The Office of Government Commerce (OGC) developed PRINCE2 in the mid ’80s specifically for IT projects. With a direct relationship to the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL®), the framework is public domain and offers non-proprietary guidance on project management. PRINCE2 is a process-based approach in project management. It is the de-facto standard in the UK Government and is extensively used in the United Kingdom and all across the globe. Over the years, businesses have witnessed the benefits of PRINCE2 methodology and have adopted the same.
Today, PRINCE2 approach is one of the well-known and most frequently used project management approaches. In fact, PRINCE2 certification has become one of the most demanded professional certifications in project management. PRINCE2 certification is offered in two levels – PRINCE2 Foundation and PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification exam. One needs to qualify in both the exams in order to become PRINCE2 certified. Now the question is what takes you to qualify in the exam. What are the knowledge and approach tested in PRINCE2 exam? Let’s get some insights on PRINCE2 facts.
The course will impart knowledge and understanding of:
- The six aspects of project performance as they relate to project management
- The definition and five characteristics of a project
- The definition of the four integrated elements of principles, themes, processes and project environment
- An understanding of the terms and concepts relating to the overview and principles of PRINCE2
- An understanding of how to tailor PRINCE2 to a project environment
- An understanding of the customer/supplier context of a PRINCE2 project
- An understanding of how a business case relates to PRINCE2 principles.
- An understanding of the difference between project stakeholders and decision makers
- An understanding of project communication management strategy
- An understanding of the following themes, including how they relate to project management principles, how they are applied throughout the project lifecycle and the roles and responsibilities.
- An understanding of project processes including how to apply them and how to tailor them within a project environment.
Note: Inclusive of PRINCE2 Foundation Exam
For further information, please contact Emily @ Tel: +6088731412 / E-mail: Emily@cfrontier.com