According to World Economic Forum in its Future of Job Report 2018, Data Analyst and Scientist will be the most sought-after profession by 2022. This is no surprise as data is considered as the new gold in the digital era. Data will empower organisations to make effective decisions, increase profitability, customer satisfaction and cut complex and expensive processes by a tenth of its usual time and effort. Yet, if you can’t communicate data effectively, then the data analysed isn’t useful to anybody. Forbes reported that most Data Scientists could not deliver the ‘last-mile’ skills that convert data into compelling insights and actions. The main reason for this is because data story telling requires a different set of skills altogether from collecting and analysing it.
If you would like to learn how to write engaging data stories, present and communicate your data effectively to stakeholders or customers, this 2-day program will provide you with the skills, tools and techniques to execute the task effectively. You will be taken through a step-by-step approach on how to build, write and present engaging data stories.
BY THE END OF THIS PROGRAM, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Create meaningful analysis by merging data science, visualization, & narrative
- Give your Data A Powerful voice and communicate insights Persuasively
- Drive changes in Business by Creating compelling, descriptive written discourse
- Connect with readers on practical, personal, and emotional levels
- Answer your readers’ questions clearly & conversationally
- Replace technical jargon with lively, meaningful language that “sticks”
- The elements of good storytelling
- Standardized conclusions from data
- The Five-Step Process for data story writing
- Seven Core Narratives for data stories
- Language & usage development