Businesses create value by supplying their products or services to satisfy customer demand that involves numerous activities and processes across the organization. Operations managers deal with a major issue in any business – how work gets done: setting up processes, uncovering the biggest bottlenecks, fine-tuning processes to save time and money, managing resources for smooth production of value. Since POM balances costs with revenue to achieve higher operating profits, it is in a constant quest to find ‘what is the most efficient, cost-effective way to deliver goods and services. Operations function in an organization, helping you understand how managers design, and use, manage and improve systems and processes to create value to their customers effectively and efficiently.
Successful completion of the training will empower the participants;
- Appreciate the strategic role of OM in creating and enhancing a firm’s competitive advantages
- Understand key concepts and issues of OM in both manufacturing and service organizations during and after COVID 19 pandemic
- Analyse business processes in services / manufacturing for improvement and adaptability.
- Identify the operational issues in the value addition processes of a firm after the pandemic.
- Apply analytical skills and problem-solving tools to resolve the operational issues.