MEETING EFFECTIVENESS AND MINUTES-TAKING TECHNIQUES
In today’s fast-paced and dynamic work environment, meetings have become an essential tool for effective management. However, poorly planned and executed meetings can be counterproductive, resulting in wasted time, lack of clarity, and unproductive discussions. This is where the importance of proper planning, execution and documentation of meetings comes in.
The workshop on effective meeting management aims to equip participants with the skills necessary to plan, execute and document meetings. Participants will learn to recognize the value of meetings as a management tool, develop techniques for handling counterproductive behaviors and identify process tools that can help create an open and safe forum for discussion. They will also learn the importance of minute-taking and how to develop key skills such as listening, critical thinking and organization. Additionally, participants will learn how to write minutes that are suitable for formal and semi-formal meetings, as well as action minutes.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be equipped to effectively manage meetings, document discussions, and ensure that key takeaways are recorded and acted upon. This will result in more productive and effective meetings, leading to better decision-making and improved organizational performance.
This Course Include
- Understand the value of meetings as a management tool
- Recognize the critical planning step for effective meetings
- Identify process tools for creating a safe and open forum for discussion
- Develop techniques for handling counterproductive behaviors
- Master minute-taking skills, including listening, critical thinking and organization
- Write formal, semiformal, and action minutes, take minutes efficiently and maintain a minute book.