(MC) HANDLING A FULL SET OF ACCOUNTS
This 2-day course will review in detail the various types of transactions within an organization and how these transactions are understood and accounted for, following the fundamental core accounting concepts. The course will provide a walk-through of a large number of basic and complex transactions and the treatment of these in light of accounting standards.
It will also include step by step preparation of a full set of Accounts – Profit & Loss Account, Equity Statement, Cash Flow Statement and Balance Sheet management. The course is steered to provide a detailed review of the concept of Monthly Management Accounts and Annual Financial Statements.
This Course Include
The objective of the course is to introduce the basic concepts of accounting and to highlight the importance of the need to have a proper set of underlying records books and records.
The sessions further cover the types of records that need to be maintained and how each of these records forms the basis for preparing the full set of accounts.
1. Fundamental Accounting Concepts
2. Underlying Reasons for Preparing a Set of Financial Statements
3. Profit and Retained Profits
4. How and When to Make Provisions
5. How and When to Provide for Bad Debts
6. How and When to Recognize Sales Invoices
7. How to Recognize Profit/Loss on Exchange
8. Provision for Taxes