No industry is free or immune from a disaster such as fire, flood, explosion, bomb threat, chemical spillage etc. Emphasis will be placed on preparedness for chemical spillage and leakages including evacuation requirements.
Occupational Safety and Health management system is vital for the enforcement of safety and health at workplace. This topic will help to understand the elements and components of Occupational Safety and Health management system. It starts with leadership and ends with the involvement of employees. Obligations of the employers as well as duties of the employees will be covered in when discussing Malaysian Occupational Safety and Health Legislation that is Factory and Machinery Act as well as Occupational Safety and Health Act 1994 and Regulations.
Hazardous Chemicals have always been associated with the human health and environment compared with other groups of hazards. Chemical hazards are considered much more difficult to identify and assess than physical hazards, especially in regard to their long-term effects on human health. The discussion of chemical safety will also include handling of the chemicals as well as the action to be taken during chemical spillage or leakage.
The aim of this training is twofold: One on proper management and handling of hazardous chemical as part of Emergency Preparedness and secondly on Response for any spillage or leakage of hazardous substances.
The objectives of this training on Handling of Hazardous Chemical and Emergency Preparedness are:
- Fulfil the legal requirement under the Occupational Safety and Health Act 1994 and the Factory and Machinery Act 1967, in ensuring a safe and healthy working environment.
- Knowing the components of Occupational Safety and Health elements and components
- Understand the obligations of employers and employees
- Create awareness among the participants on the ill – effects of chemicals
- Help identify routes of entry of chemicals into the body
- Help participants to implement the proper procedures in handling hazardous chemicals including chemical spillages
- The proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- To localize the emergency, if possible, eliminate it.
- Understanding the five steps in Chemical Emergency Management
100% HRD Corp Claimable Course: Skim Bantuan Latihan Khas
For more information, please contact the following Program Consultant:
Ms. Joan / email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: +6 088 731 575