Advanced Procurement Strategies (26-27 February 2024)
This course aims to improve the skills of the Procurement Professional and Senior Buyers in organizations. Advanced negotiation and procurement techniques, business continuity and contingency planning for procurement are discussed and practiced in simulations. The course examines the strategic importance of procurement departments by using concepts and ideas to maximize the procurement department’s effectiveness and thereby reducing costs throughout the supply chain.
The program is an opportunity to develop leadership skills that will assist in working better together, learning to handle conflict situations, implementing time management techniques, and understanding the need to have an attitude that is accepting of change. This program is designed to provide Purchasing Professionals with not only the best practices generally viewed as leading to World-Class performance in procurement activities, but also to provide practical tools and guidance.
This Course Include
At the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Review critical supply strategies.
- Be provided the concepts of activity-based costing.
- Discuss current forces of change.
- Learn how to create rapport, build trust and establish credibility in a workgroup.
- Understand that communication is vital to successful, productive workgroups.
- Learn the skills required for good supplier relationships.
- Study business continuity and contingency planning for procurement
- Be taught a category segmentation process.
- Learn how to plan in successful negotiations.
- Study different approaches in negotiations