If a meeting happens and no minutes exist, did the meeting occur? Of course it did. However, the likelihood that anyone will remember with great accuracy what happened a year, a month, or even a week later is slim to none. Meeting minutes are required at most shareholder meetings and board meetings, and they’re a good idea for many gatherings where no formal requirement exists.
This minute-taking program explores best practices for distilling and documenting information as well as to understand the role of the minute taker in the meeting administration process and to develop practical techniques and skills for effective minute taking. The hands-on course provides time to learn and practice skills throughout the session.
By the end of the minute taking training, the participants will have:
- Identified all the actions needed to prepare and set up a meeting effectively, to ensure maximum attendance
- Learnt how to write and issue meeting agendas and convening notices
- Worked with the chairman during the meeting, and obtained his/her help with their minute taking
- Discussed how to behave confidently and assertively as a key person at meetings
- Obtained clarification and identified the decisions of the meeting
- Taken accurate notes during a meeting and converted them into effective minutes
- To allow delegates to practice the role of a meeting administrator and minute taker, the taking minutes course is run in the context of a meeting in a ‘boardroom’ format
For more information please email email@example.com or call +6 088 731 570 for further assistance