In today’s highly competitive and cost-conscious environment, knowing how to write commercial contracts including Business, Supply and Sales Contracts is an important part of business activity. It is vital that contracts be aligned with business expectations as if it is not written as needed, the contract will fail to perform. It is important to translate the business deal into contract concepts using proper contract writing techniques and rules.
It requires legal and Non-professionals to be well versed with the writing techniques of commercial contracts to foresee the risk and balance the risk allocation and have analytical thinking to handle contracts in the best interest of their organization.
This seminar empowers the attendees to understand the universal strength of writing rules of contracts and move through the Transactional documents. The attendees will also get Macro-Organisational Tips on writing and organising the contracts. The attendees will be able to write the context of the contract in an efficient legal framework.
This seminar is for any professional who wants to learn and understand the writing of these types of commercial contracts.
Upon the completion of contract writing, the attendees are able to:
- Better discuss the contract negotiating and understand Pre-Contractual documents
- Identify the boundaries between degree of binding and Non-binding commitment in Pre Contractual documents
- Use Contract Writing Techniques to write Pre Contractual wording
- Understand how Non-Disclosure Agreements work and “must have” clauses
- Set up the Agreement as a whole showing the movements in the different segments of the contract collectively and individually;
- Write into contracts the different types of conditional clauses and exceptions, Crave-outs and Triggering Events to prevent the obligation from breach of non-performance;
- Identify the unfair conditions of contracts and how to write it better using contract writing rules
- Safeguard the contract from being nullified by using the right type of recitals and attendees will learn how to write out the contents, presentation and observe the rules relating to proper recitals;
- Improve accuracy; reduce ambiguity and vagueness.
- Understand the legalese words used in obligations and the meaning they carry in the contracts including the preference for words used in negotiations; words used in reference to the whole contract and preference for interpretation which gives terms effect;
- Understand the tools used in risk allocation and assessment including Force Majeure; Exclusion clauses and Limitation clauses;
- Use Best practice rules for Warranties and Disclosures as allocation of risk in the contract;
- Write out Indemnities with the relevant wording which improves the mechanism of the indemnity;
- Understand the effect of limiting or elimination consequential liability and how to write consequential liability which will benefit your organisation;
- Understand the relationship of Penalty clauses and the courts stand on this;
- Write out effective Boilerplates clauses and the elements that must be included.
For more information, please contact email Emily / firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +6088731412