TITLE: CONTRACT DRAFTING: COMMERCIAL CONTRACT DRAFTING SKILLS
Date: 14th – 15th August 2017
Venue: Riverside Majestic Hotel, Kuching
Date: 11th – 12th September 2017
Venue: Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam
Date: 25th – 26th September 2017
Venue: Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu
Ambiguous payment terms, One-sided contract (overly restricted covenant), no provisions on defaults and breaches, unclear indemnity clauses, overlooking contract languages and translations, using pre-made contracts, leaving out boilerplate provisions, failure to define rights and obligations; these are just some of the many types of common mistakes made in drafting commercial contracts. These could lead to many undesirable consequences. In many cases, poorly drafted commercial contracts have been proven to be a risky business.
In today’s highly competitive and cost-conscious environment, drafting commercial contracts is an important part of business activity. Over 85% of business transactions are governed by contracts and hence it is necessary that contracts be aligned with business expectations. It requires legal professionals to be well versed with the drafting techniques and expertise to foresee the risk and have futuristic thinking to handle contracts in the best interest of their organization.
This would include individuals who have no experience, but want to learn the fundamentals of contract drafting, as well as those who have or will have a job that directly involves in drafting of contracts.
By attending this Programme you will:
- Get-To-Grips on How to Manage Your Contracts
- Expand Your Knowledge of the Risk in Liability Clauses
- Master Practical Drafting Techniques to Write Concise and Effective Agreements
- Examine Pre-Contractual Documents
- Learn How to Interpret Variations and Time of Essence Clauses
- Learn About Price Clauses and Deposits
- Clarify Essential Terminology in Commercial Contracts
- Get Up-To-Date with The Use and Drafting of Contractual Liability Clauses and Indemnities
- Understand the Effect of Exclusion and Limitation Clauses and How They Can Be Used to Manage Your Exposure
- Understand How Representations and Pre-Contractual Statements Work in Drafting.
For more information on this course, please do contact us at:
Kuching: Joan: firstname.lastname@example.org/ +6 088 731 570
Brunei: emily: email@example.com/+6 088 731 412
Kota Kinabalu: Annette: firstname.lastname@example.org/+6 088 731 409